Waste materials are categorized accordingly. Therefore at times it’s difficult to know what rubbish goes in which category. If you have wondered what comes under hard rubbish, make sure to read the following.
What makes up hard rubbish?
Hard rubbish usually comprises of large materials which can’t go into the bin because of their size. These are pretty much durable and are often required to be broken down into smaller components to allow for proper disposal. People normally dump of their hard rubbish when they no longer require it or if it stops being useful for them. These might include kitchen appliances, any kind of electrical equipment or bits of wood and metal. Other thing which can be included the hard rubbish categories include:
- Bedding and mattresses
- Ceramics, glass, mirrors. However it’s important that these should be marked as fragile and put in a box before being disposed.
- Air conditioning systems
- Kitchen stoves and gas stoves
- Equipment like microwaves and washing machines
- Garden tools o garden waste
- Asbestos material
Removing hard rubbish carefully
There are several options when it comes to the matter of disposing of hard rubbish. Plus there are also benefits of having it removed. The first being less impact on the environment. Rubbish removal companies make sure that the items are sent to a land fill and do so as efficiently as possible. This way you get to take responsibility for the environment. When hiring a hard rubbish removal company, make sure you hire someone known for their impeccable services.
While you may get rubbish removal to take away the item you no longer need. How they plan to dispose it off is something which you should be aware of. Some companies simply get it to a land fill where the rubbish is recycled accordingly. On the other hand they may give it away to someone who is less deserving. They might have affiliations with a number of charities where deserving individuals are given items based on their needs.
What can you do about it?
When it comes to hard rubbish removal, you could practice any of the following:
- Donate it to a charity. Planning to get rid of your old phone or iPad? Maybe a child somewhere requires it more than you ever do. It’s a known fact that one man’s garbage may be another’s treasure. So make sure you follow up on it. If there are things which are still in working condition but you don’t need these so you must have the sent over to the local charity.
- Send it over to a recycling center. There are many benefits of recycling. The major one being that it’s good for the environment.
- A garage sale is also a good way of getting rid of your old stuff and earing hard cash from it as well. If you want to buy something new, hold a garage sale of your old items and you are good to go.
- Hire hard rubbish removal services. If all of the above are not your cup of tea, just call in the professionals and they would handle the rest.